Monday, April 19, 2010

CongressDude Matheson Shows His True Colors

I received another newsletter from "my congressman", Jim Matheson. Though I seldom agree with the content of his newsletters, this one just got to me, especially in the context of having just completed my tax-filing.
(OT: I used Turbo-tax online which I've done for 11 years. New this year: I got to pay some unknown 'bank' $30 extra without being notified that making the choice to have the $90 deducted from my federal tax return would actually cost me $120. Showing such lack of integrity in fee assessment makes me wonder if they are unethical in their tax software. So, No More Turbo-Tax For Me. But I'm not going to miss much, because in previous years, they imported much of my tax return into the new year so I had much less to enter. That kept me as a customer because it made filing so convenient. That didn't happen this year, so my final reason for keeping them is gone.)
Back to the topic at hand...


Here's a quote from his newsletter:
Dear Friend,

Federal income taxes due on April 15th are lower for nearly all working Utahns, because of the tax relief included in the federal Recovery Act that passed in 2009.

On average, working Utahns received $1,128 from the tax breaks in the legislation

So, since that got under my skin, because it's so blatantly false, I went to his website on the federal government servers, and entered the following:

I just received and read today's email newsletter. Receiving $1128 in incentives, or as you put it, "tax breaks" is misleading. Why? Because NOT A SINGLE TAX WAS REDUCED. One-time payments to citizens (soon to be subjects) does not constitute a tax break, but rather more dole from mommy-government.

I cannot vote for you because you are obviously part of the progressive lie, not part of the solution which will give me back liberties this government has stolen by ignoring the constitution.

So, take it for what it's worth, and I could/should have said it stronger, but hey, I'm writing for someone who doesn't get it, so using stronger language will just close the little brain more, won't it?

I'm:
---
Karl Pearson

Owner/Administrator of the sites at
http://ourldsfamily.com
---
"To mess up your Linux PC, you have to really work at it;
to mess up a microsoft PC you just have to work on it."
---
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have
for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote.
--Benjamin Franklin
---
Children seldom misquote you. In fact, they usually
repeat word for word what you shouldn't have said.
---

No comments:

Post a Comment