Friday, April 16, 2010

A Failed Left Turner...

I am helping my realtor son, Glenn, get my mother's home in a bit better condition so it will sell easier. We did some work on it yesterday, then came home.

As we got off the freeway in Lehi, Utah at about 6:20pm, I noticed a car coming straight towards us. I flashed my brights a few times because hey, driving off the freeway and seeing a car coming up the off-ramp isn't my idea of a good way to meet people.

The other car didn't do anything. As a matter of fact, the other car was stopped at the intersection at the bottom of the off-ramp, left turn signal flashing, and oblivious to anything else. Glenn took a picture and sent it to me so I could post it.


If you look closer (click to enlarge the image), you'll notice her left turn signal is lit as Glenn caught the picture as it went on. Nice work, huh? The red car to the left of the white car in front of us was in the 'real' left turn lane. Notice the double orange 'dividing' line between the two cars? The red car got there after we had been at the light for a bit.

So, should the Lehi City Police Department enlarge this picture and find the driver and cite her for reckless endangerment or something? Too bad the picture isn't clear enough to see the plate.

After the traffic from the right was gone, the turn signal for the cards from our left came on, and they had to drive around her into the right lane.

All in all, I'd say this is A FAILED LEFT TURN. Wouldn't you?

Yes, I'm Karl, and thank goodness she was turning left and not going straight.

Oh, and go take a look at Glenn's realty page at UtahRealtyZone.com

No comments:

Post a Comment